- "Joe Burgstaller is, quite simply, a superstar of the trumpet. His prodigious technical ability is just the beginning- his stunning musicianship, gorgeous tone and absolute charm make his concerts unforgettable."
- JOANN FALLETTA - Music Director, Virginia Symphony and Buffalo Philharmonic
- "Joe Burgstaller is not just a fabulous musician and entertainer, he is a superb trumpet player. He demonstrates one of the purest trumpet sounds I've heard, and his remarkable agility and versatility across any genre is stunning. Best of all, he is a delightful human being, and a load of fun to work with!"
- THOMAS WILKINS - Music Director, Omaha Symphony, Principal Guest Conductor, The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, Youth & Family Concerts, The Boston Symphony
- "Joe Burgstaller is a superb musician and a wonderful presence on stage. I would have him back anytime, and can't recommend him enough."
- MATTHEW SAVERY - Music Director, Wyoming Symphony Orchestra and Bozeman Symphony
RECITAL: "LICENSE TO THRILL"
"License To Thrill" is a next-generation, audience-interactive trumpet adventure; a story-driven upgrade on the traditional recital that, in addition to masterworks from all centuries and styles, involves both humorous and musical participation with the audience. The audience becomes part of the concert as musical participants. When appropriate, faculty and student musicians are invited to share the stage. The repertoire spans 4 centuries and countless styles. Mr. Burgstaller puts a premium on connection, blending skill, humor and heart into a shared experience between performer and audience.
La Virgen de la Macarena Monterde/Rafael Mández
Oblivion Astor Piazzolla
Concerto In D (in 3 movements) Vivaldi/Bach
Concerto For Trumpet Alexander Arutunian
Trumpet Songs Jennifer Higdon
Porgy and Bess Suite Gershwin/Heifetz
Ming Su Lian Tan
Within (with Audience) Joe Burgstaller
Children's Songs (with vibes) Chick Corea
Gypsy Caprice Fritz Kreisler
Echoes Of Harlem Duke Ellington
Joe Burgstaller has a wide repertoire available for Concerto appearances with Orchestra and Wind Ensemble (or Brass Ensemble).
His favorites are:
Concerto For Trumpet - Alexander Arutunian (16')
Concerto In D (originally for Violin) - Vivaldi/Bach (12')
Oblivion - Astor Piazzolla (5')
La Virgen de la Macarena - Rafael Méndez (5')